JOINT MEETING AGENDA
July 21, 2016
Tom Ash, Natural Resources/Environmental Impact Review Committee Chair
Kelli Hammer Levy, TAC Co-Chair
Tim MacDonald, TAC Co-Chair
- CALL TO ORDER / WELCOME
- PUBLIC COMMENT/ ANNOUNCEMENTS
- BROWNFIELDS COALITION GRANT
The Tampa Bay Estuary Program, in partnership with the Environmental Protection Commission of Hillsborough County (EPC) and Pinellas County will be preparing a US EPA Brownfields Assessment Grant Application for the 2017 grant cycle. The Tampa Bay Estuary Program will be the lead agency for the application and grant funding if awarded. The partnership will use Brownfields Assessment grant funding to support the efforts of the TBEP Technical Advisory Committee with inventory, characterization, assessment, and planning activities for Tampa Bay sediment and water quality related issues as identified by a TBEP Sediment Quality Action Plan and Working Group. If grant funding is awarded, the members of the partnership will develop a Memorandum of Understanding that will define the assessments to be conducted in each of the counties.
- CCMP CLIMATE CHANGE VULNERABILITY ASSESSMENT
The Tampa Bay Estuary Program will convene a series of stakeholder meetings to evaluate the updated CCMP goals and their respective vulnerability to a host of climate hazards. Maya Burke, TBEP, will provide an overview of the proposed process detailed in the EPA Workbook, “Being Prepared for Climate Change” and solicit preliminary feedback from ABM and TAC members. This effort is expected to assist scientists and resource managers to prioritize future research and outreach activities and to implement appropriate adaptive management strategies.
- TBEP CCMP UPDATES (REQUEST FOR COMMENTS)Nanette O’Hara, TBEP, will summarize the following draft TBEP CCMP Action plans and solicit feedback from committee members:
- WW-1 Expand the use of reclaimed water where reuse benefits the bay (Revised and Resubmitted for Review)
- FI-1 Maintain Seasonal Freshwater Flows on Rivers
- AD-1 Continue to Reduce Nitrogen Loading from Atmospheric Deposition
- SW-1 Reduce Nitrogen Runoff from Urban Landscapes
- SW-8 Expand Adoption and Implementation of Best Management Practices (BMPs) on Farms
- SW-10 Expand Use of Low Impact Development (LID) Techniques
- PH-5 Reduce Pollution from Recreational Boaters.
- The draft actions are available online: http://www.tbeptech.org/news/173-draft-ccmp-actions-for-comments. Action: Provide feedback on revised CCMP Action Plans
- OTHER ITEMS